Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon*
- ½ tsp ginger*
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups chopped apples
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the first six ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the milk, applesauce, butter, and egg.
- Add milk mixture to oat mixture; stir well.
- Mix in chopped apples.
- Pour oat mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Serve warm.
*Use more or less of spices per taste.
- For dairy intolerance's, substitute milk & butter with soy or almond milk & olive or coconut oil.
This recipe was adapted from: 6 Breakfast Recipes For Healthy and Delicious Baked Oatmeal: http://www.cheatsheet.com/life/easy-to-bake-breakfasts-6-baked-oatmeal-recipes.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3lWpuLupL.